Effective Date: March 31, 2021
- Information We Collect About You
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Ad Networks
- Security of My Personal Information
- Access to My Personal Information
- What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
- Children Under 13
- Contact Us
- Changes to this Policy
By visiting the Site, using or downloading the App, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. The Safesite Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
If you are a registered user, you will have access to one or more customer portals or dashboards (each, a “Portal”). Please see the section below entitled “Information We Collect in Our Capacity as a Service Provider” for a description of the information that we collect through the Portals and how we use and disclose that information. When we refer to “customers” in this Policy, we mean entities that subscribe to use our services on a no fee or paid basis. When we refer to “users”, we mean individuals who access our Services as part of a customer’s subscription. When we refer to “you” or “your”, we refer to individuals who represent our customers in our interactions related to the use of our Services, users, and any other individuals who visit our Site.
We collect information about you directly from you and from other entities, and automatically through your use of our Site or Services. The information we collect from you depends on how you use our Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You
We collect the following information from you in the following scenarios:
- Software demonstration. If you request a demonstration of our software, we will ask for your name, email, company name, phone numbers and any other information that you choose to provide to us.
- No Fee Services. When you create an account on our Site or App for one of our Services for which you are not required to pay, we collect your name, email, company name and a password. We will also ask for your telephone number, so that we may text you service related messages, where permitted by applicable law, but you are not required to provide it. We may also collect information from you about other users who you would like to authorize to use the Services.
- Subscriptions. If you choose to upgrade your Services to a paid subscription, we will collect additional information through our Site, including your payment information, such as payment/debit card information, billing and shipping address, and other information about the services that you are purchasing and we will share that information with our service providers who process payments on our behalf. We will ask for permission to access your address book if you use our feature that allows you to invite new users to your project.
- Email, blog and newsletters. If you request to receive emails, newsletters, blog updates and other information about our products and services through our Site, we will collect your email address so that we can send you those materials.
- Contests. If you participate in one of our contests, we will request information from you such as your name and email address, and other information as described in the rules of a specific contest. We will use that information, including to operate the contest and to contact you about prizes or with other information if you win.
- Contacting Us. We collect information from you when you contact us for customer service or other purposes. The information we collect depends on the nature of your contact and may include your name, email address, other contact information, and nature of your inquiry. If you use the chat feature available throughout our Site or App, we will collect and store the information that you provide during the chat and we will use that information for quality and training purposes, to improve our product and to better understand your interests and needs so that we can send you information about our products and services and other promotional materials. In addition, our chat feature may use the information you provide to generate automated responses to your questions or suggestions, or to send you push notifications. If you call us, we may record our call with you for customer service and training purposes.
Information We Collect From Other Entities
- Insurance Partners. We partner with other affiliated and unaffiliated companies, who provide a broad spectrum of insurance services and we may receive information about you from our partners, for example, when they refer you to our Services.
- Your Employer. If your employer requests a product demonstration, or signs up for our no fee services, or a paid subscription, we may obtain information about individuals authorized to use the product.
- Other Users. If a user of our Services invites you to join their project, we will receive information about you from that user, including the information we need to create your account, such as your name and email address.
For more information about how we use the information we collect about you from our partners, your employers or other users, see the section “Information We Collect in Our Capacity as a Service Provider” below.
Information We Collect Automatically
We and our service providers automatically collect information about your use of our Site and App through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, including technologies designed for mobile apps. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we combine this information with other information we collect about you, including your personal information. We may associate this information with your account.
When you visit our Site, we automatically collect the following information about you:
- domain name
- your browser type and operating system;
- device information;
- IP address;
- web pages you view on the Site;
- links you click on the Site;
- the length of time you visit our Site or use our Services;
- the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site; and
- your location information based on your IP address
When you use our App, we automatically collect the following information about you:
- mobile device ID;
- device name and model;
- operating system type, name, and version;
- language information;
- pages you view;
- activities within the App;
- the length of time that you are logged into our App;
- location information. With your permission, we will collect location information from your mobile device to permit you to report certain safety related information (for example, the location of a hazard). You may turn off this feature through the location settings on your mobile device.
Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
Information We Collect in Our Capacity As a Service Provider
- Partners. We partner with affiliated and unaffiliated companies in the insurance sector who provide information about mutual customers and prospective customers, so that we can prepare and deliver services. When one of our partners refers a prospective customer to us, we collect information that primarily includes corporate information about the prospective customer, but may also include information about individual users. We receive that information from our partners, as well as directly from users with whom we interact. We will share back with our partners the customer’s Safesite Score, which partners may use when underwriting and quoting insurance policies. A Safesite Score is a score that we produce about a prospective customer based on the customer’s health and safety information and other information about the customer. Except as otherwise required by law or as otherwise permitted in the terms of our agreement with our customer, we will not share back with our partners specific incident related details, or images processed or stored on our platform, and we will not share back personal information about individuals.
- Our Services. If a customer uses the Services that we provide through the Portals or the App, we will have information about our customers’ users in our capacity as a service provider. We use that information in accordance with the contractual terms with our customer and the customer controls the functions that it wants to use, and the particular fields of information that its representatives will collect about individuals using our Services. For example, when our customers’ representatives enter information about a particular safety issue or incident into our App, they may enter information about employees or other individuals involved in the incident, including an individual’s name, email address, physical address, gender, date of birth, telephone number, emergency contact information, medical and health information, including information related to an injury, illness, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, information about the treating physician or hospital and the individual’s time away from their employment.
We share the information that we collect in our capacity as a service provider in accordance with the terms of our agreement with our customer. As described above, if one of our partners refers a customer to us, we will only share information with that partner in accordance with the terms of our agreement with the customer or as otherwise required by applicable law. For example, if a customer shares a detailed history of its loss runs with us, but we have agreed in our agreement with the customer that we will only share a Safesite Score with our partners, we will not share the detailed history of loss runs with those partners.
We will use automatically collected information obtained through a customer’s and its users’ use of our App to assist us in evaluating the operation of the App for troubleshooting and customer service purposes, and product improvement.
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- Transactional Purposes: To provide our Services to you and to fulfill your orders. To improve our products and inform our safety success program and risk grading algorithm. To operate our contests in accordance with the contest rules, including to notify you if you win.
- Customer Service: To communicate with you about your use of our Services and to provide you with product-related communications (including through our service providers), to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes. Where permitted by applicable law, we use your telephone number to send you service related text messages.
- Customization: To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Services.
- Advertising and Marketing: To send you newsletters and email marketing about our and our affiliates products and services or products and services of other entities when we engage in joint marketing; to assist us in advertising on other websites, mobile apps, and other online services; and to evaluate the success of our adverting campaigns through other channels (including our online targeted advertising and offline promotional campaigns).
- Administration: To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis. For example, we will evaluate which features of our Site and App are most used by users, and we will use this information.
- Research, Development and Analytical Purposes: For research and analytics purposes, including to prepare case studies and improve our products.
- Loyalty Program: To administer our customer loyalty program.
- Surveys and Questionnaires: To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or member satisfaction purposes.
- Compliance: To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
Users in the United States may opt out of many ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and your choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and your choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Site, App Services, or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. If you would like to modify the information we have about you, you can also contact us using the telephone number or email address listed in the ‘Contact Us’ section below or by contacting your customer support representative through our customer support chat feature or telephone line. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site or App for a period of time.
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails, we may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com; +1 888-363-2831, or through the chat feature on our Site and App.
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site and App. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site and App.